A LIGHTWEIGHT AND LESS EXPENSIVE OPTION FOR UNUSED FUEL STORAGE TANKS
Tank Foam is a solid, inert material that is non-reactive to gasoline, kerosene or diesel and is suitable for filling abandoned underground storage tanks.
- Access openings are made in the top of the tank.
- The tank is filled as completely as possible with voids and air pockets being eliminated.
- The filled tank and associated piping are disconnected and capped or sealed so as to preclude their future use for any storage or disposal purposes.
Physical Characteristics & Properties
Physical characteristics such as boiling point, vapor pressure, vapor density, percent volatiles, evaporation rate, etc., do not apply.
- Solubility in Water – Negligible
- Density – 2.0-3.0 lb/ft3
- Appearance and Odor – White semi-rigid foam with minimal odor
Shall be performed by an experienced installer authorized by the manufacturer to install the product following the manufacturer’s printed instructions.
- Tank Foam shall be installed per the manufacturer’s printed instruction. Foam components shall be mixed on-site using fresh, dry resin and foaming catalyst delivered to the job site in previously unopened factory packaging.
- Tank Foam shall be installed by a contract installer who has been trained and authorized by the manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions
IS TANK FOAM HAZARDOUS?
No. It is non-corrosive, inert, and environmentally clean.
WHAT IS TANK FOAM MADE OF?
It is a foamed tri-polymer, spray-dried, aminoplast resin.
WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY BENEFITS VS. TYPICAL IN-FILL MATERIALS?
Tank Foam is a good alternative to materials such as sand, gravel, and concrete because it is lightweight and easy and inexpensive to install.
DOES THE UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANK (UST) HAVE TO BE COMPLETELY EMPTY PRIOR TO CLOSURE?
Most states, if not all, will require this. Also, the effectiveness of the Tank Foam product will be increased.
WHAT IS THE YIELD FROM A DRUMSET OF TANK FOAM?